NEW PUPPY AND KITTEN CARE
Puppies and kittens require special care for proper growth and development. Meisels Animal Hospital’s comprehensive approach addresses the specific needs of your new pet, including:
- A review of all prior medical records and history provided by the breeder, owner, store, etc.
- A physical exam
- A custom vaccination schedule specific to your pet’s breed, age and lifestyle.
- Testing for viruses, parasites and other common conditions typically found in puppies and kittens.
- A strategy for heart-worm preventive medications and other preventatives based on the lifestyle of your new pet.
- Recommendations on if/when to have your pet spayed or neutered.
Vaccinations are an essential part of your pet’s health care plan, starting between the ages of 6 and 12 weeks, and boosters throughout their lifetime. Vaccines provide immunity against certain diseases or lessen the severity of others to provide maximum protection. At Meisels Animal Hospital, we will help you choose the appropriate vaccines to help your pet fight off disease and make vaccines quick and painless for your pet.
Our team of knowledgeable doctors and staff strive to educate clients on how to care for their pet to give them a happy, healthy life. Exercise, a healthy diet and routine check-ups are the three of the easiest way to keep your pet healthy. We conduct comprehensive check-up exams to screen your pet for illnesses and provide them with the preventive care they need. During check-ups, we will assess:
- Overall Body Condition
- Heart and Lungs
- Abdominal Organs
- Musculoskeletal System
- Neurologic System
- Urogenital System
- Lymph Nodes
Meisels Animal Hospital is equipped to perform a variety of surgical services in our state-of-the-art surgical suite. We use the safest methods possible and utilize both general and local anesthesia to control pain during the operation. Our team will ensure your pet’s medical needs are addressed efficiently and effectively and will go above and beyond to make sure they feel calm and cared for throughout the entirety of the prep, procedure, and recovery process.
Our surgical services include:
- Multiple types of soft tissue tumor and cyst removals
- Repair of torn anterior cruciate ligaments in small to medium-sized canine patients
- Entropion repair
Oral health is an important part of your pet’s overall wellbeing as dental disease can be a common occurrence for dogs and cats over the age of 4 years. But the damage of dental disease can be prevented by having timely, routine cleaning and polishing of teeth. Our expert staff performs the cleanings under a light plane of anesthesia on an outpatient basis. Regular cleaning will keep your pet free of the following:
- Mouth odor
- Gum Recession
- Oral Pain
- Systemic Disease
At Meisels Animal Hospital, we recommend having one of our veterinarians evaluate your pet’s dental health at least once a year. Give us a call today to schedule your pet’s oral exam.
Spaying and neutering is an important decision and can offer behavioral and medical benefits for cats and dogs, including:
- Reduced aggression in males
- No heat cycle for females
- No unwanted pregnancies
- Females will not develop ovarian or mammary cancer
- Males will be less likely to engage in marking and spraying
- Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer in males
If you have any questions or concerns, give our experts at Meisels Animal Hospital a call at (201) 797-5300.
LABS AND FULL DIAGNOSTICS
At Meisels Animal Hospital, we have a state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory capable of performing multiple types of test panels, including:
- Red Blood Cell Counts
- White Blood Cell Counts
- Heartworm testing
- Urinalysis testing
We’re proud to offer state-of-the-art testing by our trained and compassionate staff.
We’re proud to offer non-invasive digital x-rays to evaluate your pet’s organs and bones as well as to better understand what’s going on in their body. Additionally, digital x-rays allow us to quickly process images and send images online.